FSRU EXCELERATE: Mission Accomplished
The 1st LNG floating storage and regasification terminal (FSRU) in Bangladesh was commissioned in August 2018, off the island of Moheshkhali, in the Bay of Bengal.
GEOCEAN’s teams, on site since October 2017 to build this fixed infrastructure, knew how to manage the logistic and environmental constraints to deliver the project on time to the great satisfaction of the client, Excelerate Energy Bangladesh.
These shallow-water operations included:
- 1,600,000 cm dredging
- 1,000 m of 24″ pipeline shore pull (*)
- 6,500m of 24″ pipeline laying (*)
- Pipeline post-trenching
- Onshore Manifold
- Vessel anchoring equipment (PLUG, 8 suction piles, mooring lines + SMS system)
- PLEM in 40m Water Depth
- Risers and umbilicals installation and connection
- Precommissioning and commissionning assistance
(*) Pipe of the second FSRU facility installed in parallel
This success demonstrates GEOCEAN’s ability to come up with innovative solutions to perform in this new market.
Early November 2018, the PROTIS barge arrived on the second FSRU site and will remain there until work completion for its client Summit LNG Terminal, in February 2019.